These quick tips are designed to help you get through these hard times. If you have any tips that you want to share, send them to email@example.com(opens in a new tab)
While the current situation has presented the world and our travel industry with countless challenges, it also provides new opportunities. Self-isolation and the increasing amount of people staying at home means new online resources have been made available. Online learning is now experiencing a surge in popularity.
Tour operators are normally on their feet for a large part of the day, so its important that when they do return to work they don’t risk any additional injury. Even for those who are now working from home (just like us at Tourism Tiger) and have lost an exercise opportunity of their regular routine. Thankfully, there are a bunch of free classes that can be accessed online from a variety of sources. Here are a few “work-ins” we love:
- Blink Fitness(opens in a new tab) (hosting hour-long, live stream classes on Facebook, Monday – Friday)
- Orangetheory Fitness(opens in a new tab) (posting at-home workouts on Youtube)
- Peloton(opens in a new tab) (offering their app for free for 3 months, which includes meditation, yoga, pilates, stretching, cardio, strength training, and more!)
- Gold’s Gym(opens in a new tab) (also providing free app access until the end of May, with similar offerings)
- Amrita Yoga(opens in a new tab) (live streaming their yoga classes online for free or for a donation)
This is just a shortlist of thousands of options out there. My suggestion is that you explore what your local centres are offering to support your community.
Some tour and activity operators have taken this idea and turned it into a product. We have seen companies offering Italian cooking classes online(opens in a new tab) (for a fee). This is a great way to target your clients who are unable to leave the house. Offering a form of your product online will introduce customers from all over the world to your brand, and maybe even sell your tours in the process. Everything counts!
Find this article useful? Enter your details below to receive your FREE copy of 95 Epic Places To List Your Tours and receive regular updates from Tourism Tiger and leading industry experts.
By submitting this form, you agree to Tourism Tiger contacting you via email.