In this quick video, I share with you a couple of ideas to create a great day for every family you interact with.
- Communicate clearly and effectively the best options for families and make sure people understand for which age levels your trip is appropriate.
- Show children in your marketing materials. If your tour is child friendly, take care to emphasize this in tour descriptions. Show children in photos you have on your site so that prospective customers understand that you can cater to families. Even something that you may think would obviously cater to children may not be so obvious to another person.
- Bring things that parents need yet sometimes forget – Bring the stuff that people forget, baby wipes, bottled water, tissues, sun cream, band-aids. Put a smile on that child’s face and by extension you will put a smile on the face of their parents.
- Prepare fun packs – Prepare fun things to do coloring, small games… The best idea I ever saw a list of things they have to spot on the trip and if they spot all 15 they get to pick from a lucky dip. A great way to keep them engaged and enjoying themselves!
- Include children in the fun. Invite them upfront in your vehicle or to the captain’s area of the ship. Kids LOVE being placed into the seats where the ‘important people’ normally sit. Just by treating them like a worthy human being you’ll seriously make their day. Show them the various widgets that make up your operation, and show them how it works. Make them feel part of the experience.
Find this article useful? Enter your details below to receive your FREE copy of 95 Epic Places To List Your Tours and receive regular updates from TourismTiger and leading industry experts.
By submitting this form you agree to TourismTiger contacting you via email …